Lovely soft carrot, parsnip and coconut flapjacksâ€¦ delicious
COOK: 30 MINS
80g light muscovado sugar (or brown sugar)
3 tbsp. agave nectar (or golden syrup)
150g porridge oats
75g raisins or sultanas
4 tsp seeds (mixed, linseeds, chia, pumpkin, sunflowerâ€¦ or whatever you have)
50g desiccated coconut
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 5 and grease and line a roasting tin or shallow cake tin.
- Peel and grate the carrots, parsnip and apple. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, gently melt together the butter, sugar and agave nectar or syrup.
- In another bowl, mix together the oats, raisins, seeds, coconut, cinnamon and then stir through the grated carrot, parsnip and apple. Add the melted butter mixture and combine.
- Put the mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin and then cut into bars.